We all know we should recycle, what we may not know is how a little effort we make can help reduce the impact of climate change in a big way.
10 Fun Facts About Recycling
1. Recycling one plastic bottle saves enough energy to turn on a 60-watt lightbulb for three hours.
2. Recycling one aluminium can saves enough energy to run the TV for three hours.
3. It can take as fast as 30 days for a glass container in recycling bin to be on a shop shelve again.
4. The average person generates about 1.9 kg of trash every single day. So think twice before you throw please!
5. Glass and aluminium can be recycled endlessly without losing its quality and purity.
6. The first recorded instance of recycling is paper recycling in Japan in 1031.
7. With 5 recycled plastic bottles we can make one XL T‑shirt, 27 bottles a sweater, 35 we can make a sleeping bag!
8. Since a 5 pence charge was introduced in Britain for using a plastic bag, plastic bag use has dropped by 80%.
9. We save 17 trees when a tonne of paper is recycled.
10. Every Sunday nearly 90% of newspaper are thrown away in Britain, that equals to throwing half a million trees into landfill. Shall we subscribe online newspaper instead?
They are some fun facts, but more importantly they are something we all can do. Let’s Reduce, Re-Use and Recycle!