Dry Mixed Recyclables
By separating your dry recyclables out of your general waste, you’ll be significantly reducing the amount of waste sent to landfill and creating a better and greener environment.
What can go in your Dry Mixed Recycling bin?
Help us reduce the amount of waste destined for landfill
- Newspapers & magazines
- Junk mail
- Telephone directories
- Aluminium drinks cans
- Steel food cans
- Steel drinks cans
- PET - Clear and coloured fizzy drinks and water bottles, cordial bottles, cooking oil bottles
- HDPE - Coloured and clear household cleaning fluid bottles, hair care, bath and shower products
- Food waste
- Toner cartridges
- Green waste
- Sand / soil
- Building materials (including plasterboard)
- Batteries (including car batteries)
- Oil containers
- Electrical equipment
- Chemical bottles
- Other hazardous waste
We have a separate service to collect these items and a separate glass and food collection service – contact us for more information.
Card and paper is turned into new paper. Plastics are melted and moulded into new products, such as bin liners, carrier bags, CD/DVD cases and even garden furniture.
Wheelie Bin Options & Frequency
Approx 12 bin bags
Approx 8 bin bags
Approx 4 bin bags
Approx 3 bin bags
We understand that it can be difficult to measure how much waste you are disposing of, therefore we are more than happy to carry out an audit of your waste over a two week period and make a recommendation for you.
Our wheelie bins are:
- Lightweight for easy manoeuvrability.
- Bins have drainage plugs for easy cleaning.
- Clearly labelled to show what items can go in them.
- Brakes ensure secure positioning.
- Keys are provided to lock containers for safety and security.
Additional wheelie bin options:
- Internal paper recycling containers to suit your office environment.
- Food caddy - Optional small bin to be used in kitchens as part of our food recycling collection service.