Are you looking for a job?
Do you want a job working for a dynamic, professional company with 60 years experience? Of course you do.
If you’re looking for a job, please take a look below at the positions available.
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com quoting the job reference and job title you are applying for.
Agency submissions are by invitation only.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: MB111801
The Fleet Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the Company fleet (currently around 100 vehicles) is supported to be effective, legal and compliant.
- To manage and administer all aspects of the company Operator license.
- Ensure that all DVSA and company compliance standards are adhered to. This includes working with the Workshop Manager to ensure timely scheduling for PMI, MOT, servicing, drivers routine checks and that the workshop is maintained with inspections etc. Carry out audits.
- Daily monitoring of the defect reports.
- Review, document and improve compliance and safety in operations/safe systems of work. Support driver briefings on performance, operations, health & safety etc.
- Take action against any infringements reports on from Tacho reports.
- Manage and control costs of fleet maintenance and work with managers to ensure efficiency.
- Report to senior management as required on KPI’s (costs, availability, accidents etc).
- Ensure all incidences/accidents reported are investigated and actioned upon. Administrate Vehicle/Insurance databases and claims. Negotiate insurance renewal.
- Support the Workshop Manager with stock strategy (levels & costs).
- Work closely with department managers to agree scope of new vehicle purchases and manage asset disposals / new vehicle on-boarding.
- Advise the business on industry wide developments (ie alternative fuels and emissions etc line with legislation changes).
- Acquire and maintain FORS status.
- Carry out any other reasonable request as required by your Line Manager or the Customer.
- CPC Transport Manager Qualification / Operators License / Full DVLC
- Compliance management experience in transport a multi-site/large fleet environment
- Good communication, interpersonal and people management skills.
- Good knowledge/understanding of FORS etc.
- IT literate and experienced in preparing and delivering reports.
- Professional, confident, flexible and positive.
- An analytical problem solver that works well under pressure.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: DS131218
Shorts Demolition are seeking an experienced Demolition Estimator with a passion to develop their skills by joining our Estimating and Bid Management Team. This opportunity will enable the successful candidate to work closely with more experienced colleagues becoming a valued and senior member of this Department. Initial duties will include but may not be limited to the following activities;
- Estimating and preparing the cost of demolition tenders using first principles
- Develop the estimate at a level of detail appropriate to the size and complexity of the project, providing outline method statements in line with the pricing strategy along with assumptions and clarifications
- Develop initial tender programmes in conjunction with the proposed project team
- Identify potential cost risks and opportunities within tender submissions
- Sourcing supplier and sub-contractor quotations
- Lead the tender submission process, tender preparation and ultimately submit the tender in conjunction with the Bid Management Department
- Present, discuss and review the tender proposal with the Demolition manager prior to submission. Attendance at post tender negotiations and contract reviews
- Liaising with clients, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers and stakeholders
- Post contract commercial
- Based at our Head Office in Bracknell
- Knowledge of relevant demolition/health and safety policies and procedures.
- Estimator experience.
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Be approachable and professional.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
- Prior experience in a sales or administration role in construction or demolition industry.
- Excellent communication and IT skills. Good ability with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot Reference: LS120619
- Must have a good knowledge of operation of excavators, material recycling plants, crushers, screeners and all general plant.
- Supervising and assisting manager with the safe and efficient running of waste management and recycling site (Skip, Tipper/Grab, Demolition and Trade Waste, Crushing and Screening)
- Controlling production input and output, ensuring processes run smoothly and managing expectations (outputs include crushed concrete/brick, soil, mulch, shredded wood, and residual waste etc).
- On site Health & safety monitoring, compliance with legislation and assisting with improving site layout and operations.
- Supervising of various staff (pickers and operatives)and controlling employee resources
- Dealing with any staffing issues
- Assist with training and development of site staff
- Manage stock levels where appropriate
- Producing / reporting to Manager as required.
- Sampling/analysis of waste where required.
- Reporting defects as required.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required
- Must have good computer skills.
- Ideally have NEBOSH or IOSH qualifications.
- Must have Experience working within waste recycling transfer stations.
- Knowledge of relevant health and safety policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as a good motivator
- Be open to and encourage change.
- Be proactive and constructive in problem solving and conflict management.
- Be approachable and professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to reason logically within tight and conflicting timeframes.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: SM26719
- Plant fitter covering all types of machinery including; fixed plant, disc cutters, crushers, screeners, up to 50t & demolition excavators, loaders, shovels, wood / waster grinders, dozers, vehicles, pumps and all types of plant used on tips and transfer stations.
- Maintain, repair and service all equipment as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Attend breakdowns on all sites as required at any other designated site.
- Maintain parts stock or advise manager in relation to any required purchases.
- Ensure knowledge of technical advances is kept up to date and advise if additional training or equipment is required.
- Ensure depot workshop is kept clean, tidy and complies with all relative legislation.
- Make sure work is carried out in a safe manner and equipment and facilities supplied are used in a way to enable this.
- Full driving licence required.
- CPCS card.
- Highly capable in diagnostics and repairs of all different aspects of plant and vehicles. Minimum of 5 years experience on all aspects of heavy and light plant
- Highly motivated site plant fitter. Able to work on own initiative and a good problem solver.
- Knowledge of electronic s / vehicle electrics and hydraulics.
- Experience in welding and fabrication a benefit.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to overtime and allocated tasks.
- Ability to learn new products and understand them.
- High regard to health and safety and the correct process
- Adaptable to different work situations
- Fit and active