Shorts Group / Company / Unigate Demolition Works Well Underway

Unigate Demolition Works Well Underway

Feb 28 in Company, Demolition


Following the demolition of The Perfume Factory in North Acton, the prestigious Imperial College London has awarded us another new project.

As pictured, the former Unigate distribution centre site in London, is a very large (approx 14,800 m2) steel framed and steel clad building. We are five weeks into an eight week programme and are on track to complete the works on time.

To assist with this demolition, Shorts have a 30 ton Volvo EC300, a 30 ton Doosan DX300, a 22 ton Hitachi ZX210, a 37 ton Hitachi ZX350 and a 24 ton Volvo EC235 reduce swing.

As recycling is at the heart of everything we do, we are separating waste streams to ensure we recover and recycle 95% of the site building materials with the other 5% going to our transfer stations for further processing.