Are you looking for a job?
Do you want a job working for a dynamic, professional company with 60 years experience? Of course you do.
If you’re looking for a job, please take a look below at the positions available.
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and job title you are applying for.
Agency submissions are by invitation only.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot Reference: RH05
The work and fleet are varied and include 3.5 tonne to 32 tonne. An HGV Driver covers Skips, RoRo’s, Tippers, RCVs, Beavertails, Box van (this list is not exhaustive) (once appropriate level of training is provided) and should complete all operational duties within guidelines ensuring that wherever possible performance targets are met or exceeded. Complete work instructions, ensuring all relevant information (inc PDA), is completed/filled in.
- Remain vigilant and challenge anything that may result in service failure or complaints from the customer. Raise issues asap.
- To comply fully with Shorts group ISO and Health and Safety policies. Comply with all traffic laws and legislation as well as safe working practices within the disposal site with relation to your duties including the security and weight of loads.
- Comply with details laid out in Shorts driver manual (once received and signed for).
- To ensure that each day all completed work is detailed on your daily worksheet and that they are handed in daily/weekly along with the daily vehicle check sheets, fuel receipts and Weighbridge tickets.
- To wear the correct safety equipment (PPE) and Shorts Group uniform at all times.
- Responsible for ensuring that refuse / recycling material collections are completed.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is safe to take onto the highway, undertaking daily routine checks of the vehicle as set down in Shorts procedures and VOSA.
- Collecting recycling material in a safe manner and unloading the vehicle at the designated disposal point.
- Ensuring that the vehicle is left in a clean state at the end of the working day.
- Reporting of any incidents or accidents regardless of location.
- To assist new and existing team members in sharing experience and ideas
- To take part in any training that is supplied/given.
- Any other duties designated by your direct Supervisor/Manager.
- You should hold a minimum of a Class 2 Licence. You must have a fully valid Driver CPC.
- Multi-skilled driver ideally with experience of the waste industry and of Industrial and Commercial Collections.
- Good time keeping.
- Conscientious & possesses can do attitude.
- Good communication skills within team and with customers.
- Work effectively in teams and be able to work co-operatively.
- Physically able to perform manual tasks.
- Customer friendly.
- Flexible approach to overtime and tasks allocated.
- Good geographical area knowledge.
- High regard to Health and safety and following procedures. Good safe working attitude.