Are you looking for a job?
Do you want a job working for a dynamic, professional company with 60 years experience? Of course you do.
If you’re looking for a job, please take a look below at the positions available.
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and job title you are applying for.
Agency submissions are by invitation only.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot Reference: BM001
• The sales representative will be responsible for generating revenue for plant & tool hire within a defined area & also across all Shorts Divisions. You will be expected to maximise revenue from existing customers as well as identifying & winning new customer business.
• Create & maintain excellent customer relationships with a portfolio of existing customers. Proactively generate new prospective clients.
• Build strong relationships with clients to ensure repeat business. Assist with the resolution of customer concerns.
• Achieve & exceed sales targets by identifying new opportunities to maximise profitable hires & sales.
• Engage in and evaluate customer feedback to ensure service meets/exceeds expectations & relay to plant manager.
• Maintain a high standard of product knowledge and health & safety. Be able to identify/present other solutions/sales opportunities.
• Record & maintain accurate & up to date records of your daily/weekly activity.
• Benchmark and assess our competitiveness and provide communication to the plant manager on competitor activity & market intelligence.
• Any other duties as required by management.
• A proven track record in plant field sales with experience of the hire & construction industry (plant/tools/powered access).
• Strong presentational skills.
• Compliant with laws and regulations.
• Proactive & constructive in problem solving.
• Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Negotiation and closing skills.
• Mature attitude and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Driving licence & good geographical knowledge. IT literate.
• Proven experience in managing a sales portfolio of customers. Driven and enthusiastic with ability to understand needs.
• Experience in working & meeting financial targets.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: LS001
As a Baler / Machine Operator you will be operating a baling press connected to storage bunkers containing pre-sorted recyclable materials, making sure various types of materials are fed to the baler press in time and in correct order; ensuring they are efficiently baled, by maintaining necessary size, shape and quality. Full training will be provided.
- Loading baler and sorting recyclable materials.
- Undertake routine maintenance of the baler as required.
- Using Health & Safety protocols, sort specified recyclable materials wearing PPE.
- Assist with sorting and baling of materials for storage.
- To be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the small excavator and telehandler as required, subject to the appropriate training being given.
- Liaise with the Site Management/weighbridge operations to maintain efficient and effective operations.
- To maintain and control collection activities for outgoing loads in conjunction with the weighbridge operative.
- To control the acceptance, storing and loading of baled recyclables to ensure operations in accordance with the site licence.
- To complete all relevant daily inspections and associated paperwork to the required standard.
- Undertake planned minor maintenance of equipment.
- To be available, as required, to assist with general site housekeeping and cleaning.
- To be available for alternative Saturday work if required.
- Excavator, telehandler licence and experience
- Must have a full UK driving licence and transport due to location
- Previous experience in a similar position
- Proactive and self-motivated.
- Work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Good problem solving ability, with a can-do attitude.
- Good communication and time management skill.
- Computer literate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of material & waste compaction/handling maintenance and installation.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: DS002
Responsibility for project planning and management of contracts
- Prepare and update contract schedules
- Pre start meeting site visits with client, and during project and final site sign off (Certificate of Practical Completion)
- Preparing cost plan for new projects Demolition Manager
- Responsibility for ordering and checking equipment and stock
- Responsible for providing details of new staff to admin
- Prepare documents including; inspection & test plans
- Risk Assessment Method statements (RAMs), Phase Plans
- Contribute to Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQs) when required
- Ensure information has been checked in accordance with company procedure
- Compile records for clients, as required
- Job specific costings, plant and skip charges
- Preparation of invoicing for admin
Management of various staff and controlling employee resources
- Assist in recruitment of staff
- Dealing with lower issue staffing issues
- Update employee records (add time to complete costings)
- Assist in organising training and development of demolition site staff
- Attend site progress meetings
- Attend weekly Demolition Group meetings
- Any other job related duties as required
- CCDO Demolition Supervisor Gold Card
- Working towards CCDO Demolition Management Black Card – desirable
- Knowledge of relevant demolition/health and safety policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as a good motivator
- Good project management skills within demolition
- Effective people management skills.
- Be approachable and professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot Reference: SM1801
- Plant fitter covering all types of machinery including; fixed plant, crushers, screeners, excavators, loaders, shovels, wood / waster grinders, dozers, vehicles, pumps and all types of plant used on tips and transfer stations.
- Maintain, repair and service all equipment as per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Attend breakdowns on all sites as required at any other designated site.
- Maintain parts stock or advise manager in relation to any required purchases.
- Ensure knowledge of technical advances is kept up to date and advise if additional training or equipment is required.
- Ensure depot workshop is kept clean, tidy and complies with all relative legislation.
- Make sure work is carried out in a safe manner and equipment and facilities supplied are used in a way to enable this.
- Full driving licence required.
- Highly capable in diagnostics and repairs of all different aspects of plant and vehicles.
- Knowledge of electronic s / vehicle electrics and hydraulics.
- Experience in welding and fabrication a benefit.
- Good communication skills.
- Flexible approach to overtime and allocated tasks.
- Ability to learn new products and understand them.
- High regard to health and safety and the correct process
- Adaptable to different work situations
- Fit and active
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: SM1801
• Basic knowledge of welding
• Very good literacy and numeracy skills
• Keen eye for detail
• Physically fit (Heavy manual handling involved)
• Paint spraying on a large scale
• Assembling / building from specifications
• Experience with power tools
• To oversee the completion of all paint records & ensure paint stock is maintained.
• Any other ad hoc duties as requested by Manager.
• Have an in depth knowledge of painting procedures including 2 pack epoxy and wet paint spraying procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible approach to overtime and tasks allocated.
• High regard to Health and safety and follow processes.
• Ability to learn about new products and understanding them to good level.
• Must be a good team player or work well under own initiative.
• Analytical in problem solving.
• Fit and active.