Are you looking for a job?
Do you want a job working for a dynamic, professional company with 60 years experience? Of course you do.
If you’re looking for a job, please take a look below at the positions available.
If you would like to apply for any of the jobs listed below, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job reference and job title you are applying for.
Agency submissions are by invitation only.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot and Milford Reference: BM001
• The sales representative will be responsible for generating revenue for plant & tool hire within a defined area & also across all Shorts Divisions. You will be expected to maximise revenue from existing customers as well as identifying & winning new customer business.
• Create & maintain excellent customer relationships with a portfolio of existing customers. Proactively generate new prospective clients.
• Build strong relationships with clients to ensure repeat business. Assist with the resolution of customer concerns.
• Achieve & exceed sales targets by identifying new opportunities to maximise profitable hires & sales.
• Engage in and evaluate customer feedback to ensure service meets/exceeds expectations & relay to plant manager.
• Maintain a high standard of product knowledge and health & safety. Be able to identify/present other solutions/sales opportunities.
• Record & maintain accurate & up to date records of your daily/weekly activity.
• Benchmark and assess our competitiveness and provide communication to the plant manager on competitor activity & market intelligence.
• Any other duties as required by management.
• A proven track record in plant field sales with experience of the hire & construction industry (plant/tools/powered access).
• Strong presentational skills.
• Compliant with laws and regulations.
• Proactive & constructive in problem solving.
• Excellent organisational skills & attention to detail.
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Negotiation and closing skills.
• Mature attitude and self-motivated.
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
• Driving licence & good geographical knowledge. IT literate.
• Proven experience in managing a sales portfolio of customers. Driven and enthusiastic with ability to understand needs.
• Experience in working & meeting financial targets.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: DS002
Responsibility for project planning and management of contracts
- Prepare and update contract schedules
- Pre start meeting site visits with client, and during project and final site sign off (Certificate of Practical Completion)
- Preparing cost plan for new projects Demolition Manager
- Responsibility for ordering and checking equipment and stock
- Responsible for providing details of new staff to admin
- Prepare documents including; inspection & test plans
- Risk Assessment Method statements (RAMs), Phase Plans
- Contribute to Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQs) when required
- Ensure information has been checked in accordance with company procedure
- Compile records for clients, as required
- Job specific costings, plant and skip charges
- Preparation of invoicing for admin
Management of various staff and controlling employee resources
- Assist in recruitment of staff
- Dealing with lower issue staffing issues
- Update employee records (add time to complete costings)
- Assist in organising training and development of demolition site staff
- Attend site progress meetings
- Attend weekly Demolition Group meetings
- Any other job related duties as required
- CCDO Demolition Supervisor Gold Card
- Working towards CCDO Demolition Management Black Card – desirable
- Knowledge of relevant demolition/health and safety policies and procedures.
- Self-motivated as well as a good motivator
- Good project management skills within demolition
- Effective people management skills.
- Be approachable and professional.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent organisational skills, meeting deadlines, plan and prioritise workloads.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: BS003/18
As a Baler / Machine Operator you will be operating a baling press connected to storage bunkers containing pre-sorted recyclable materials, making sure various types of materials are fed to the baler press in time and in correct order; ensuring they are efficiently baled, by maintaining necessary size, shape and quality. Full training will be provided.
• Loading baler and sorting recyclable materials.
• Undertake routine maintenance of the baler as required.
• Using Health & Safety protocols, sort specified recyclable materials wearing PPE.
• Assist with sorting and baling of materials for storage.
• To be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the small excavator and telehandler as required, subject to the appropriate training being given.
• Liaise with the Site Management/weighbridge operations to maintain efficient and effective operations.
• To maintain and control collection activities for outgoing loads in conjunction with the weighbridge operative.
• To control the acceptance, storing and loading of baled recyclables to ensure operations in accordance with the site licence.
• To complete all relevant daily inspections and associated paperwork to the required standard.
• Undertake planned minor maintenance of equipment.
• To be available, as required, to assist with general site housekeeping and cleaning.
• To be available for alternative Saturday work if required.
• Loading Shovel, excavator, telehandler licence and experience
• Must have a full UK driving licence and transport due to location
• Previous experience in a similar position
• Proactive and self-motivated.
• Work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
• Good problem solving ability, with a can-do attitude.
• Good communication and time management skill.
• Computer literate.
• Have a good knowledge and experience of material & waste compaction/handling maintenance and installation.
Start date: ASAP Location: Bracknell Reference: BS0418
• Review manuals and ensure they are constantly up to date.
• Proactively seek additions and amendments to the standards.
• Create, assist and monitor the Control of Documentation
• Experienced, comfortable and confident of conducting Internal ISO monthly audits and non-conformances.
• Happy to assist and coach managers with their ISO obligations.
Health & Safety
• Highly competent of creating, approving and updating RAMS, and following through with managers ensuring full understanding.
• Proactively monitor/ research and feedback any changes to Health and Safety Legislation relevant to our industry.
• Willing to visit site to conduct audits follow through NCRs to end.
• Maintain accurate updating of all Health and Safety records, files and databases.
• Organise, attend to lead any training which is relevant to Health and Safety.
• Track actions from audits and ensure correct info and support is given to managers.
• Attend any relevant network functions, internal or external audits.
• Proactive and skilled at creating management report, trend analysis (injuries, near misses and accidents), creating solutions and following these through.
• Comfortable creating emergency plans.
• Happy organising any compliance related training, works to be conducted.
• Strong computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and picking up internal databases and systems.
• Experience with ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, OHAS 18001 (ISO45001) – managing the manuals and conducting monthly audits.
• Be self-motivated and happy to work independently.
• Analytical, proactive and organised.
• Confident and comfortable presenting to groups of managers.
• Calm and profession approach to work.
• Strong communication skills
• Knowledge of Waste Management/ Recycling/ Construction Industry is an advantage.
Start date: ASAP Location: Ascot Reference: JS06/18
• Cleaning & washing plant & tools
• Re-fuelling plant if required
• Assist colleagues with loading/unloading of vehicles
• Assist customers with loading/unloading equipment
• Keeping yard clean & presentable
• Maintain non mechanical hire equipment
• Open storage containers, close & secure at end of day
• Assist workshop staff with larger manual jobs
• Occasional run & test hire tools
• Grease, lubricate & perform operational test for hire equipment
• Any other ad hoc duties as requested by Manager.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Customer friendly
• High regard to H&S
• Good attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills to demonstrate equipment to colleagues & customers
• Fit & active
• Reliable, honest & be a good team player
• Willingness to respond to instruction & new ideas